What is a Graphic Designer? A Graphic Designer is someone who creates visual concepts – using design software or by hand – to communicate ideas that inspire, inform and captivate their target audience. They develop the overall layout and design for websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more. Graphic Designers usually work closely with the marketing or advertising team to create visuals that embody a brand or product. A Graphic Designer's role might also include web design, branding and illustration. They tend to be creative types with experience in visual arts or visual design.
As Graphic Designer at <company name>, you'll be the one to shape all visual aspects of our website, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more. This includes the creation of illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You'll come up with engaging concepts that have depth and you'll translate these concepts into high-quality designs. You'll own the visual aspects of our brand while working closely with our copywriters and UI/UX designers when relevant. Ultimately, you'll be in charge of inspiring and attracting our target audience with every visual element we send out into the world.
• You are capable of designing across a range of platforms: digital, print, paid, packaging and more.
• You have knowledge of typography, grid systems, color theory and composition.
• You have a passion for brand building and a strong understanding of how to maintain and evolve design systems.
• You're familiar with design software (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
• You have keen eye for aesthetics and details.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You have the ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
Example: We're an agency that strongly believes in curiosity, equality and creativity. We love to build digital products in close collaboration with our target audience in order to have a positive impact on the world with tech. We highly value an open mind, collaboration and ownership in our team. So if you take pleasure in trying to solve big societal problems with technology, then join our team of activists, creatives and tech geeks!